With our interests refocused on urban homesteading and our patience waning with the retail ‘sell, sell, sell’ model, we are closing our online retail store, Baying Hound.com.
Clearance sales start this week at Baying Hound and will continue until all BPA free water bottles, reusable bags, and eco accessories are gone. Shop now for the best selection of earth friendly gear at 30% off and falling.
We will miss bringing high quality goods to our customers and appreciate the support you have shown over the years.
Rachel and Alex
Posted in Business News | Tagged clearance, store closing | Leave a Comment »
Tonight we are making contributions from our 1% for Good fund. This has to be one of the best parts of owning a business – giving to others.
This year, we shared revenue with the following organizations:
Capital Area Humane Society
WOSU public television
Ohio Ecological Food and Farming Association
National Audubon Society
The following organizations received in kind donations:
School for Young Children
Kent Academic Support and Advising Association
Random.org selected Alissa as our winner of the Nominate a Charity prize. Congratulations!
Posted in 1% for Good | Tagged charity, new year | 2 Comments »
Our friends at EarthLust sent the sweetest holiday card. It’s a snow white embossed ornament with a double use. In the spring, we can be plant the seed-infused ornament and it will grow wildflowers! How cool!
To share EarthLust’s holiday spirit with you, we are discounting their 13 ounce, 20 ounce, and 1L stainless steel designer bottles 20% now through December 15. Buy one for a gift or yourself today!
Please remember to nominate your favorite charity for our 1% for Good program by December 15. One person who nominates will receive a gift pack from us valued over $60!
Posted in 1% for Good, BPA Free Bottles, Special Offers | Tagged earthlust, holiday | Leave a Comment »
Shop Baying Hound Monday only for some incredible deals! Spend over $40 and automatically receive free shipping within the US.
Choose a designer Earthlust bottle for 35% off.
Save 40% off the entire reclaimed yoga mat line from OLovesM.
Pamper your dog with an earthfriendly leash or collar and enjoy a savings of 35%.
Save 40% on water filters and purification tablets sure to please the camper on your list.
Finally, give the gift of insulation and protection with a water bottle carrier from BuiltNY, discounted 30%.
These specials are for one day and apply to in stock items only! Hurry to BayingHound.com for the best selection.
Don’t forget to nominate a charity on the Baying Hound Howls blog. We are accepting nominations for our annual 1% for Good recipients. One random nominator will win a prize pack from our store worth over $60!
Posted in Special Offers | Tagged cyber monday | Leave a Comment »
We believe that success is meant to be shared. Thus, we return a minimum of 1% of revenue to secular nonprofit organizations in our 1% for Good program.
Please nominate your favorite charity in the comment section below. Listing their website URL (if they have one) will help us explore how they help the world. We will accept nominations until December 15.
We will choose charities based on their relevancy to our business mission and their impact per fundraising dollar. We will announce the 2009 1% for Good recipients on December 20.
BONUS! This year we will award a prize pack of an OLovesM Nancy Purse ($45.99), 18 ounce Klean Kanteen ($20.15) and Jess Bee Natural Lip Balm ($3.00) to one random nominator. Fill in the email field of the comment box (we will never share it) so we can find you if you win.
Posted in 1% for Good, Special Offers | Tagged 1% for Good, giveaway | 8 Comments »
Image attributed to spottedsparrow
Are you seeking to reduce your winter holiday footprint? Try replacing throw away gift wrap with make it yourself gift wrap. Here are green alternatives for wrap and ribbon, from the Grays Harbor County Recycling Center
* Scarves, handkerchiefs or bandannas.
* Old posters and maps.
* Pages from a child’s coloring book taped together (especially nice for relatives who would enjoy the artwork).
* Old sheet music.
* Newspapers (foreign newspapers are great).
* Last year’s holiday paper (press with warm iron if wrinkled).
* Wallpaper scraps.
* Home-sewn cloth bags.
* Fabric scraps.
* Pictures or advertisements from magazines and catalogs.
* Sunday comic pages.
* A present in a present (for example, a hat in a matching scarf, jewelry in a wooden box, cookies in a reusable tin or cookie jar, barbecue grill utensils or picnic supplies in a tablecloth, kitchen gifts in towels or all-purpose cloths).
* A plain box decorated with leftover glitter, paint, markers, etc.
* A cake pan, basket or a wooden box.
* Reusable decorative bags. (B.B.Begonia grocery sacks and Blue Q handy totes are both good for gift giving.)
Bows and Ribbons Ribbon:
* Bows saved from other gifts.
* Reusable items, such as hair bows, ornaments, shoe laces or toys.
* Stencils or pictures from holiday cards pasted onto a plain brown paper bag or box.
* Last year’s holiday cards cut up for gift tags.
* Old neckties.
* Spices, such as bundled cinnamon sticks or cloves in mesh cloth.
* Scrap fabric, lace, yarn, rickrack and seam tape.
* Combinations of beads and buttons.
* Dried or silk flowers.
Posted in fun, ReUsable Bags | Tagged gift wrap, reusable | Leave a Comment »
The hounds wish you wonderful tricks and treats today!
Devie the witch
Hawise dressed as a Hot Dog
Posted in fun, miscellany | Tagged halloween | Leave a Comment »